27.10.11

bringing the forest inside.

Our bedroom seems pretty boring and plain. I was wondering what to do with it until i found this cute DIY tutorial here.

Birch tree ( it's called koivu here ) are one of the many tree in Finland, i said, why not bringing this also inside? and we still have quite lot of the paints left.

°picture : masking tape
°picture : masking tape and tape mess!

We started working by making the sketch on paper, and transfer it with pencil in to the wall. The most painful and really long process its the mask-taping it. Took more longer than I expected that i realized that I made the design way more complicated...LOL...

After we painted over the tape, and remove it, we still need to paint some of area with hand painting so its more nicer and neat. I love this process because i can freely paint it what i want.


But in the end the hard work paid off : )

We even add the cat and arctic fox silhouette! it's my signature with my partner :D



°picture : with Hayden my teddy :p
°picture : the outcome :D

No comments:

Post a Comment