10.11.11

yudhisthira the wise.

For my final project back then in University, i decided to make illustration for wayang kulit ( Indonesian shadow puppet ) storybook with the Mahabharata epic story as the base. It's been almost 5 years since, and a couple days ago i decide to redesign one of the character.

( the full set of the characters of Mahabharata )

( the five of the Pandava brothers )


This is Yudhisthira, the oldest brother from the five brother of the Pandava.
You can read more of it in here.

He is one of my favorite character in the story. He's wise, gentle, patient, and it said he never get angry ( ever! ). It's a really good character to idolize and follow eh? hard to be like that, especially for me :p

This are the progress before taking the final form of it. I took the style from the form of flat 2D shadow puppet and stylize it more modern looking.




So here is the final one that i used in my final project 5 years ago ;



And the final redesign that i made a couple days ago. I'm making it more detailed for the ornaments and accessories because in the real shadow puppet they usually have a decorative part really detailed.


No comments:

Post a Comment