25.9.14

cactus robot design - artworks

We had this fun task at the school to choose one object then we need to design the robot version of the object. I have a really fun time doing this task.

*Except when it came to drawing the actual object.*

I am not very fond of drawing realistic object so it took more longer to do the actual object. I'm satisfied though with the final outcome. I will probably color it in the future but i think its nice the way it is now.

So this is the real object that i chose. I was thinking of doing a teddy bear plushie. But teddy bear plushie is too mainstream, so I chose cactus that has been with me for year or so. People always said that cactuses are the easiest to care. I always almost every time kill this poor spiky plants XD


And these two are the design that i made. I was suppose to do only one but i can't choose which one is nicer. I love them both! 

I rarely do some robot-mecha stuff (i don't like scifi too much either). It was a challenge for me to do it. After browsing plenty references (and sobbing in the corner of the wall) i remembered Megaman games that full of this hybrid robots-mecha-style. So after some few sketches, i finished these two in the end :D


*Wait, what kind of school again? why making these?is it art school or what?...*
ehmmm...

Sooooo, this August 2014 i got accepted to games and animation line school in Helsinki.

Yay!

*ok this might be a little bit late news, oh well* :p
Anywayyyy I am really happy with it. I am really satisfied also for my decision to focus more into games industry since this is my dream since i long time ago.

*Best decision ever!
...oh sorry I think i got some dust in my eyes now*



No comments:

Post a Comment