22.9.11

life with carnivora-plantea-mario's-longtimenemies.

I always adore this strange-odd carnivore plants.

I dream of having a garden or house full of this beautiful plants ( just hope my partner ok with it :p ), probably scary for some people.

So, strangely enough, i don't think i will find this plants in Finland ( well because this is tropical plants ). Surprisingly many of stores have this tiny creatures that always used by movie as a really big-badd-asses plant that eat anything.

Let me tell you one thing, be thankful because the real legendary-man-eating plant are really small and even tiny. It won't hurt you, well it's a nightmare for small insects. Deep condolences for them.

Anyway, this is my first venus flytrap ever. I worried at first it'll die fast because its a tropical plants, and now i want to keep it in the area of one of the most coldest region!

some said its more hard to keep than a pitcher plants, the other family of the carnivore party. 



Nuff' said, this is my baby-venus ;

 °picture : my first venus flytrap.


For 1-2 weeks first, its still thrive in my apartment. Need to move it for couple times to a really sunny bright area in the room. It said they need moist also, so i usually water it every morning and at night.

Suddenly at one morning I found this little baby...have a new baby!...I mean "trap" ( the scary looking teethy-one its called trap, yes, the one for catch the victims and eat it slowly ).



 °picture : the newly trap, haven't open yet.

 °picture : venus's trap , good for crushing victims alive.


OK, i will be honest. If you in any chance have this baby at your house, i doubt you never try to see how this baby *eating*...i bet you once or more want to feed them also and see its action. Like, who don't want to see the legendary-man-eating plants in action in the real life?

I found some little spider in my apartment, and i'm so sorry lil' guy, but i need to feed my baby away. So i get it and pluck it to one of the trap, they happily crushed it....


**don't ever feed them with insects that are more larger than the trap, or feed them meat or anything than insects. you will kill your plants it right away if you do!**




Now, this is the remaining of the spider after a couple days it digest it ;

 °picture : just having some snack

No comments:

Post a Comment